* Disclaimer: OveReview is reader-supported. We earn commissions from qualifying purchases
Mitutoyo 188-151, Screw Pitch Gage, 4 - 42 TPI and 0.4 - 7mm, 51 Leaves, Inch/Metric

Mitutoyo 188-151, Screw Pitch Gage, 4 - 42 TPI and 0.4 - 7mm, 51 Leaves, Inch/Metric

$ 45.63

Score By Feature

Based on 107 ratings
Accuracy
Easy to read
Value for money

OveReview Final Score

How Our Score Is Calculated

Product Description

It is marked with the thread pitch on each leaf
The clamp has a locking mechanism
Sizes are shown both in inches and in metric
Japan is the country of origin

Questions & Answers

Is the gage manufactured with any particular material. Does it depend on whether it is stainless steel, aluminum, or ?

The material for this is

Is there someone who can list how many pitch leaves there are?

I would like to call these the 4, 41/2, 5, 51/2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 111/2, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28,30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42 TPI and The number of 0 is 4. The number is 5, zero. A 7, a The following numbers are 75 and The answer is 8. There are nine, one, and one. The 25th of January. Five and one. I do not know the number, but it is 75, A 5, 3, 3 would be appropriate. The number 5 is 4, 2, 3. I will not accept 5- 5, 5--. The following sentences are paraphrased 5, 6, 7. A 4.8mm lens with a 7mm focal length from the Mitutoyo website, converts the 188-mm There are 111 and 188 in the book This set contains 122 pieces

The Mitutoyo tools and other Mitutoyo tools come with an initial calibration, right? Can the calibration be used for a long time if it is?

I don't think the tool can be calibrated since it doesn't have an adjustable setting, so I think a certificate of authenticity is included. This is a high-quality, cost-effective tool with great features compared to its competitors. There is pretty much nothing to do here other than trust Mitutoyo and its reputation. When this tool is used in a shop, or for mass production, it will eventually wear out if it is heavily used as a Go/No Go gauge. Aside from that, it looks like it will last a lifetime with proper care.

Can you provide me with 10 units of this product? I need 10 units. ?

Sure, we can arrange for a dozen of these

Selected User Reviews For Mitutoyo 188-151, Screw Pitch Gage, 4 - 42 TPI and 0.4 - 7mm, 51 Leaves, Inch/Metric

I love it
5/5

In addition to buying a tap set from a certain freight store, I also got a gauge that was made in China. I had such a hard time using Then I thought I should be an adult and get something adults use. There is a lot of negative feedback for this tool. Why? Here are some pictures for you to see. The handle on this Japanese tool is 100% authentic, MADE IN JAPAN, beautiful, and extremely accurate. I had long forgotten how much fun it was to check the thread with this Mitutoyo gauge. A bicycle axle I did not know settled neatly on this gauge, while the neighboring leaves that might have ambiguously fit on the metric side not only failed to settle, but were clearly out of place as well. The may-day ceremony did not take place The word "be" is commonly used with the word "look like" All of that is not to be. It is simple to lock and release the gauge leaves using the lock wheels, which function smoothly. in the original packing, unused and unopened. Hermetically sealed in thick plastic with paper packing, without a single bend or There is nothing more disappointing than when people post false negative reviews to compete unfairly and impede any fair competition. I highly recommend this tool, you will not be sorry and it will last a lifetime. I deeply regret that people post misleading negative reviews which are just plain false in nature. Taking a minute to post clear pictures would be helpful, and the seller could do that in one minute.

Gwendolyn MISTRY
Gwendolyn MISTRY
| Mar 24, 2021
It is beautiful, all metal, and it is made in Before buying Mitutoyo products, I had never heard of them
5/5

You have now impressed me. A photo taken at retail shows black plastic knobs rather than steel knobs, which are incorrect for this product. My complaint has nothing to do with steel since I prefer it. A high level of quality was achieved in the machining. It is easy to read numbers because they're stamped into the steel instead of being etched, as is the case with lower-quality tools. Mitutoyo also offered a stunning value in addition to their reputation for craftsmanship with this tool. In my opinion, Mitutoyo is better than Starrett due to its better quality, but higher price. The difference in costs was less, but the number of leaves was half as high with Starrett. Initially, the tool was sealed in a plastic pouch and was coated in a thin coating of oil when it came out of the box.

Marley Wagner
Marley Wagner
| Mar 29, 2021
I ADORE this picture - it's absolutely stunning We're at the top of the line
5/5

A variety of thread gauges can be found in my toolbox There are measures in metric, in inch units, in starrett units, and some that are not branded. A wide selection of leaves is available on this Mitutoyo gauge (which will probably accommodate every size I ever need to deal with), and it looks attractive.

My favorite aspect of this tool is that it has both metric and SAE measurements, so I know that I'll always have what I need when I pick it up. I received one that was made in Japan, where I found it to be of top quality and extremely well made. As a final note, I have been living in Shanghai for over a year My term in Starrett spans 45+ years, though I have unfortunately been let down too many times by poor quality and workmanship in recent years. Currently, Starrett is trying to make a living off a diminishing brand name A very sad day.

Isla Finley
Isla Finley
| Aug 22, 2020
It's so relaxing
5/5

The Mitutoyo company. It's so relaxing. It's Mitutoyo again!
An expensive purchase! Yes, I agree! Does it stand up to scrutiny? Without a doubt! It's made by a Japanese company. This is a 100% stainless steel product. The locking and operating mechanisms are smooth. There is an incredible amount of rigidity and precision in each leaf. The whole area is free of burrs. Neither too greasy nor too dry. I want to go measure more threads now.

It feels great in my hands.

Aldo Hammond
Aldo Hammond
| Dec 22, 2020
I am showing you the way
4/5

A better screw pitch gauge than the one that came with the Tap and Die Set is provided by the "Screw Pitch Gage". The box could be much easier to ship if it was made from stainless steel, so that it wouldn't have to be packaged There is a 1/16th" SAE size and a 1/8th" metric size.

Cade Small
Cade Small
| Jul 06, 2021
Nice
5/5

It's a Mitutoyo, as they say. I like the accuracy and quality of the text. Since the thread gages can be easily positioned due to the two locking screws, the thread gages are much easier to adjust.

Kye O'Brien
Kye O'Brien
| Sep 09, 2020
Mitutoyo is what it is
5/5

You get what you pay for but it is expensive.

Cali Conner
Cali Conner
| Oct 27, 2020
The quality of the product is excellent
5/5

Buying again would not be a problem for me. The quality of the product is excellent. It may be Mitutoyo's gauges that are smooth and nicely finished, but that's just how they are. The gauges they make are more expensive in comparison to the Chinese ones.

Ivan Holloway
Ivan Holloway
| Aug 13, 2020

Related Products For Mitutoyo 188-151, Screw Pitch Gage, 4 - 42 TPI and 0.4 - 7mm, 51 Leaves, Inch/Metric