* Disclaimer: OveReview is reader-supported. We earn commissions from qualifying purchases
Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set

Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set

Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set
$ 35.91

Score By Feature

Based on 173 ratings
Accuracy
Value for money

OveReview Final Score

How Our Score Is Calculated

Product Description

An assortment of 48 inch, metric, and Acme threaded fastener measuring wires in 16 different diameters - three of each size - for use in measuring and verifying the pitch diameter at 60 degrees
The thread counter measures in inch threads from 3 to 48 threads per inch, metric threads from 0 to 12 threads per inch. The thread pitch for Acme is between 3 and 16 threads per inch, and for 5 to 6mm
Each wire has a 1" long, 14" diameter center section that is ground to a nominal size within 0.003". This is "00015"
For durability, the wires are made of steel
With slots marked for each size of wire, packaged in a plastic sleeve

Questions & Answers

Are they made in the United States? What is more important to you China or the United States?

Nowhere on the product is it mentioned whether it is made in the The instructions look as if they are from a US company, and it seems to be a quality set. This is the only English version and you did a great job. It is a great set, but I have not used it yet.

This has a chart that shows what wires to use for what thread you are measuring. Is this included with the system?

You will find a chart and instructions in it.

Don't these gauges simply have arbitrary tolerances like go pin gauges? What if it only checks minor diameters? Does it matter if they are It doesn't appear that there are ?

It is a method of checking thread pitch with pins. Each side has three, and the other one has one. Micrometer measurements are to be taken, and then the constant is to be subtracted In lieu of pitch micrometers, they can be used

Can these items be certified to meet the mil-specs when they are shipped out Is this product compliant with the standard requirements?

Although there is no certificate, it is a quality product. I have been using these wires for the past three years with great results (showing

Selected User Reviews For Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set

Seeing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity go up in smoke is sad It is disappointing to see such a well-respected name sink
3/5

The days when the name Brown & Co. was associated with the company are gone, it seems It was synonymous with high quality to be Sharpe. An end of the very cheap vinyl pouch had split completely open and the thread wires spilled all over the place. From the photo, it is clear that the thread wires themselves are roughly finished at the ends, and that they are sharp at their "chamfered" edges. There is no indication on the packaging of the country of manufacturing, but it's fairly easy to figure out where they This is all- All in all, I am not confident that the wires have the correct diameter, and I doubt that I will check each one. These days, $30 is probably enough to cover just about everything. Amazon is the place where they return.

Krew PRITCHARD
Krew PRITCHARD
| Mar 19, 2021
This is a great deal
5/5

The PeeDee set is better quality, but with this set you won't PeeDee sets have been around for quite some time already and even one of my coworkers In fact, I prefer that to this, but for the price, this is definitely the better choice. As I have already done several hundred parts, I already have wear marks on it from my Starrett microphone, but that's only natural. It is a lot softer and wears a lot better than the peedee sets in fact I have never noticed wearing them. After little more than a month with this set, there are already visible signs of wear. I also like the packaging a lot, and the instructions are nice if you need them, and they all fit in the These tools work perfectly so if you need them, get them! They are a great value.

Joaquin Conrad
Joaquin Conrad
| Mar 20, 2021
The finish of this product is poor
3/5

This is my first time opening these. The finish caught me off guard. The diameters have not yet been measured (although I am confident they are perfectly adequate), but there are burrs, tits, steps, and ways to vary the chamfer sizes at the ends. If there are any differences in diameters, I will get back to you.

Leonard Moon
Leonard Moon
| Feb 22, 2021
Quality finish is not present
3/5

The brand name of these shoes made me believe I couldn't go wrong. The mistake I made was mine. There are burrs on many of the ends and the finishing is bad. This is disappointing to me as a machining student.

Jazmin Peck
Jazmin Peck
| Dec 24, 2020
Not as quilty as it could be
3/5

This quilt was quite disappointing to me you can tell that they didn't make it like they used to the ends are uneven and not as comfortable as they used to be. I would look elsewhere for this type of quilt.

Elora Rush
Elora Rush
| Jan 05, 2021
This is a really good product
4/5

I hate it when these things happen. Threads are fundamental to correct threading, but are not a requirement. I was very pleased with my purchase and the shipping was fast as well. There is only a third hand needed.

Patrick Frank
Patrick Frank
| Jul 28, 2021
I used it to cut threads on my CNC lathe today as part of a threading job in the shop
5/5

I highly recommend it.

Ryan Maxwell
Ryan Maxwell
| Nov 16, 2020
Would you like to know the pitch diameter for a low cost? Buying this will make you happy! Purchase this set if you need to measure the pitch diameter and don't want to make the investment in a specialized micrometer
5/5

I found the program to be very accurate, but it takes a little practice to use it.

Hank George
Hank George
| Jun 15, 2021

Related Products For Brown & Sharpe 599-4816 48-Piece Thread Measuring Wire Set